Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 10, 2011

August 9, 2011




Yesterday I was able to hold Christian for the first time at 22 days old.  If you've been to the NICU you've seen the walls with the "miracle" kids and quotes from parents. My favorite is from a mom who said that she was able to hold her baby after 21 days and she felt as if she'd been waiting for that moment her whole life. I read it every day and cry when I do every day. Yesterday, I felt it myself. Christian is truly a miracle and he has made me a believer.

6 comments:

  1. HOORAY!!!! I am so happy for you! Love seeing the smile on your face! You both look great! Talk about a big step! You are right - Chistian is a true miracle! I'll pray for more snuggly time for you today! Lots of love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures!!!! So glad to see you smile and to see Christian with less tubes. He is adorable and such a little fighter. Our prayers continue to be answered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day!!! Our prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe I got a comment posted! I have tried about a dozen times. Hope I can remember what I did and in what order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love the pictures! What a amazing little guy you have! but of course, that is because he has a amazing mother! Thinking of you always Love Beth

    ReplyDelete